Republic Bank invites you to open a Newly-Wed account before you walk up the aisle. Your guests will thank you for making gift giving easy. And you'll walk down the aisle wearing a smile as wide as the benefits you'll receive to help you start living the "charmed life."

Some of the benefits are:

  • Discounts at many merchants
  • Wedding gift from us to you
  • Online wedding planning and budget tools
  • Personalised investment planning advice

For more information click here to download our Wedding Brochure.

Some of our other services you may also be interested in:

What you will need

Before visiting our branches, ensure you have the following documents:

For New and Existing Republic Bank Customers

Two (2) forms of Identification (e.g. National Identification Card, Passport or Driver's Licence)
Recent Utility Bill; Authorization Letter and copy of owner’s ID, if the utility bill is not in your name
Job Letter
Pay slip
Reference Letter (In some cases)
Required Deposit for opening
To ensure that you have all the documents needed to open the account, kindly contact any one of our conveniently located branches before your appointment date. Our friendly branch staff will be happy to assist you.

For Non-Residents or Foreign Based Nationals

Two (2) forms of valid photographic ID
Utility Bill in the customer’s name valid for three (3) months (Telephone, Electricity, Water, Cable/Internet)
N.B. Where the utility bill is not in the customer’s name, the customer can submit the lease agreement, where available, or a letter from the landlord addressed to the Bank.
Proof of income:

  1. Salaried individuals - Job Letter and a recent payslip dated within the last three (3) months
  2. Self-Employed individuals will be required to submit further financials;
    • Up-to-date Audited Financial Statements (for the last three (3) years) OR
    • Management Accounts (for the last three(3) years) OR
    • Statement of Affairs and Statement of Income & Expenditure (these are available at the Sales Department upon request)
    • For a start-up entity*: An opening Balance Sheet & Cash Flow projections
Reference letter from the customer’s bankers abroad (not required where a non-national has proof of legal status and has been residing in Trinidad and Tobago for over five (5) years)
Where applicable, Work Permit/ CSME Certificate/ Other official document granting permission for employment/ Letter of enrollment/acceptance from Institution in Trinidad & Tobago (for Students only)

*Start-up entity refers to entities which have been in operation for less than three (3) years.
  Click the icon below to reserve a date and time to meet.

Wedding Tips

Local or national parks, as well as your own or your relative/friends’ back yard are low-cost wedding locations. That's a beautiful way of cutting wedding cost.

Go to top